- Free Diving
- / Expert Advice / How to fit a Scuba or Snorkeling mask
How to fit a Scuba or Snorkeling mask
Finding a high quality, well fitting mask is worth it's weight in gold for any SCUBA or freediver. An ill fitting, leaky mask has the potential to ruin a dive, or even an entire dive trip. Now, there are a couple important things to remember when looking for a mask and we're going to talk about all of them throughout this blog series. Watch below as Nick Fazah gives you the low down on a properly fitting mask! As you can see, there's a lot that goes into fitting a mask and it's well worth it to spend the extra time and money to get a well fitting mask. Most dive shops will have people who are well versed in fitting masks and will be happy to help you find a high quality, properly fitting mask. In the mean time we hope this video will help give you an idea of what you're looking for!
Points to Remember:
- Find a Comfortable mask, one you won't hate after an hour of use
- Inspect the inner skirt, and ensure it makes contact around your face
- Use a mirror (or a buddy!) to ensure the inner skirt fits your face
- Suction TEST! Remember, if you breath out through your nose the mask will fall off for SURE
- GO DIVE!